To book a pallet delivery call         today on 01709 915555

distribution specialists
  • Home
  • About Us
  • History
  • Services
  • ATF
  • Gallery
  • Downloads
  • Contact Us
  • First established in 1972 by Ken Mallinson, who was later joined by Stephen in 1979 and Andrew in 1980. The Barnsley based company first began operating with 3 vehicles.

    46 years later and KMS is operated by Stephen Mallinson [Managing Director] who took over control following the untimely death of Ken in 1987 governs the business with the same traditional values of honesty, hard work, commitment and respect, which were implemented by his father. The company has also been joined by 3rd generation family members Harry, Max and Finlay.

    KMS currently owns and operates a 70 strong fleet of vehicles and 150 trailers. The fleet is predominantly composed of 44 tonne Artic vehicles which are a combination of Mercedes-Benz, Scania and Volvo. They also offer moffet offload and sliding roof trailers for specialist distribution. The company has invested in on board SatNav and fuel consumption technologies to benefit both the driver and keep costs under control and to monitor driver behaviour.

    Managing Director Stephen Mallinson commented on the business’ fleet, stating that, “We at KMS pride ourselves on being a Green Fleet, 20% of the fleet are Euro 6 whilst the remaining 80% of our vehicles are Euro 5 - which all produce low emissions.”

    Stephen further mentioned the company’s dedication to reducing the impact that the company has on the environment, “As part of our commitment to environmental issues we are currently carrying out studies in fuel efficiency by enforcing speed restrictions on a selection of vehicles as well as our latest additions to the fleet being fitted with auto engine switch off technology, both of which makes our fleet as economic as possible. All new trailers are fitted with auto lift axels which reduces drag, fuel usage and tyre wear. All tyres are recycled. All used engine oil is recycled into the garage heating system.”

    Stephen has employed a team of 120 highly skilled and experienced staff members which includes drivers, fitters and office staff who ensure the vital day to day running of the business to meet clients’ needs. Throughout the business’ long career it has achieved substantial successes which lead to multiple expansions and the gaining of KMS esteemed reputation within the transport industry.

    The company has become a member of several renowned industry related associations such as: the RHA (Road Haulage Association), FORS (Fleet Operators Recognition Scheme), IOSH (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health), RTITB, SAFED and we have a VOSA approved ATS testing facility on site.

    At the end of 2013 KMS embarked on a new venture by becoming a member of TPN (The Pallet Network). Enabling us to offer a complete service to all our existing customers and the potential of expansion into new business sectors.  Due to the success of the Pallet Network in 2017 this part of the business re-located to new premises at Goldthorpe, Rotherham.